The doors to our Sales Office and Show Homes are usually always open to visitors, but have needed to remain closed these past few weeks for everyone’s safety.
Construction is underway again at all our sites, with new Site Operating Procedures in place to protect our workforce, and a skeleton staff is working safely from Head Office, with the remainder of our office staff working from home. Based on the gradual reopening of workplaces announced by the Prime Minister on Sunday 10th May, we had been expecting to reopen our Sales Offices and Show Homes in early June, but a further announcement was made on the evening of Tuesday 12th May that would effectively enable them to reopen from today, Wednesday 13th May.
Whilst we’re glad to have the go ahead to welcome visitors back to our developments, we want to make sure we can do so safely, and with the necessary hygiene and social distancing precautions in place. The health of our team, their families, our customers and communities, and protecting the NHS, remains our priority, so our Sales Offices and Show Homes will not reopen until Saturday 16th May, and will do so on an appointment-only basis. If the guidance changes at any point, we will of course adapt accordingly.
When making an appointment, visitors will be asked if they or anyone in their family group has or has had COVID-19, is currently experiencing any symptoms, is shielding or at risk. We will also ask about your home requirements so we have a clear idea of what you are looking for and can provide any helpful information in advance, so that you get the most out of your visit.
Home tours and site visits will be conducted with the following precautions in place:
- Only one visitor/couple/family group permitted at any one time
- Any unannounced visitors will be asked to wait until the previous visitors have left
- Social distancing (2m) will be maintained
- Unaccompanied viewings (i.e. in which the Sales Advisor waits outside) available on request
- Safety screens to be installed in the Sales Offices between customers and Sales Advisors, so meetings can be conducted safely*
- Details of all visitors taken to enable contact tracing to take place if needed; and visitors to asked to inform us if they or anyone in their family group subsequently develop symptoms
- Hand washing facilities, paper towels and hand sanitiser available, and visitors to wash or sanitise their hands upon arrival
- Visitors’ temperatures measured upon arrival (Sales Advisors will be provided with face masks for this), and the appointment of anyone exhibiting a high temperature rescheduled
- Cleaning of touch points carried out after each visit, plus additional daily and weekly cleans
- All internal doors left open to minimise contact
*The screens are currently on order from our supplier; until they arrive and can be installed, meetings will either be conducted outside or in the more open areas of the Show Homes.
To book an appointment to visit our developments, please use the following contact details:
The School House (Barnoldswick) and Kings Mill Residences (Settle)
T: 07932 000922
We are grateful to our customers for bearing with us over the last few weeks of uncertainty, and the latest Government announcement also brought good news for those who have reserved or are buying from us. Valuations can now be carried out, which means that the housing market – and homeowners – can start moving again. We will of course try to expedite the process by completing homes as quickly – and safely – as we can.
We look forward to giving you a warm, if socially distant, welcome back to our Sales Offices and Show Homes from Saturday!