To feature in Plot 26, The Oxley at Falcon Park, Settle
We discovered a new product today via our suppliers, Rotherhams. It’s called Neolith. It’s a composite porcelain with a high performance.
What’s so great about it?
- It’s virtually waterproof (natural stone does absorb moisture)
- It’s resistant to scratches
- It’s resistant to fire
- It’s hygienic, which makes it the perfect kitchen surface
- It’s really easy to clean
- It’s 100% natural and recyclable
- It’s flex resistent meaning its very strong
- It’s UV resistant so will not fade in the sun
- It comes in longer lengths so joins are reduced
I’m sure you have all heard of Corian, which has similar properties, but this goes one step further. Yes it does have a slightly higher price tag, but we think it is worth it. What’s more is if you buy plot 26 you get your worktop for free – we’re also throwing in all the flooring which includes Karndean to most of the ground floor and the bathrooms. What’s not to love?
What colour have we gone for?
We have chosen Neolith Calcatta, which mimics the traditional marble called Calcutta, but with none of the staining issues. We are pairing this with a beautiful Tewkesbury framed door in stone with some pewter handles. A few images illustrating the style of the worktop are below for you to peruse.
Like the look of this? Once we have fitted this first kitchen we’ll be offering Neolith worktops as an upgrade across our developments.
May 28, 2015