Buy a new home in Yorkshire using the Help to Buy Scheme. It could enable you to buy with only a 5% deposit and a 75% mortgage.
We offer the Help to Buy scheme across all our developments in Yorkshire. Help to Buy is a government-backed scheme that is essentially an extension of the FirstBuy scheme but is now accessible to all buyers (dependent on your financial circumstances), not just for first time buyers. A new home for you and your family may have been inaccessible to you before this scheme. Now, you can buy your new home with as little as a 5% deposit by using a 20% equity loan from the government and a 75% mortgage.
The scheme has already helped thousands across the country reserve a new home so talk to your Sales Adviser today at your chosen development about how it can help you.
Key things you need to know about the scheme:
- Available on new build homes only throughout England
- You will need a minimum of a 5% deposit
- Available to all, not only first time buyers (unlike FirstBuy)
- Qualify for up to a 20% interest free government loan. Interest free for 5 years.*
- You may only need a 75% mortgage
- Applicable to all properties below £600,000
- Only available for repayment mortgages
- Mortgages are now available through a variety of high street lenders
- If you have a deposit of £10,000 (5%)
- Government loan of £40,000 (20%)
- Mortgage of £150,000 (75%)
- Value of home could be £200,000
For a great help to buy calculator please see: www.rightmove.co.uk/help-to-buy.html
*The interest rate in the sixth year will be 1.75%, which will rise annually by RPI (retail price index) inflation plus 1%
Are you eligible?
- You must demonstrate you have savings for the deposit, legal fees, stamp duty and the cost of moving
- Be purchasing a new build property for £600,000 or less
- Have a good credit history
When will you have to pay it back?
The equity loan is a for a maximum of 25 years. You can however pay the loan back at any time during the mortgage term or on the sale of your home.
Help to Buy ISA
If you’re taking advantage of Help to Buy you can now also benefit from the Help to Buy ISA. If you reserve a home with Help to Buy you are elligble for the associated ISA, which boosts your savings by 25%; every £200 you save, the government tops it up with £50 to a maximum of £3,000. You can find out more about the Help to Buy ISA here.
Please talk to one of our Sales Advisors at your desired development if you are interested in any of our Help to Buy properties.